MEANDERING THE WHITE RIVER LAKE GENEVA TO BARRINGTON WISCONSIN

May 14, 2011


White River Kenosha Wisconsin
 
After hanging gout with my parents for the weekend, I convinced my dad to drop me off at a put in spot on the White River near Lake Geneva Wisconsin.  I dropped off my car in Barrington and was able to spend some more time with my dad before being dropped off at the put in. 

White River Kenosha Wisconsin
 I have always wanted to travel down this river as the water was crystal clear, the weeds and fish seemed to interest me that would swim up this river and just something about meandering down the river sparked my attention.

White River Kenosha Wisconsin
 I Got in my selver olive drab dingy and proceeded to row this thing down the river to Barrington.  I imagined it to only talk 3 hours but I was quite wrong.  The float time was beautiful, I meandered around swampland marches and got to see a variety of birds including a few HUGE owls, Blue Herrings, Beavers, Deer, and northerns in the river. 
White River Kenosha Wisconsin


 I came up to a few light class 1 standing waves which pushed be through to some bigger sections of the river.  After a few hours I past the town of Lyons which is IMO a great place to take out because from Lyons to barrington you have to paddle more and the terrain became a bit un interesting. It took me almost 6 hours in the cold 40 degree rainy weather to finally make it to my car in Barrington but it was a great experience and I had a blast.
White River Kenosha Wisconsin

You Might Also Like

0 comments

TRANSLATE

European Union laws require you to give European Union visitors information about cookies used and data collected on your blog. In many cases, these laws also require you to obtain consent.