CHAMBERS CANYON. ROBBERS ROOST, UTAH

May 19, 2016

Chambers Canyon. Robbers Roost, Utah
Chambers is located in robbers Roost which is situated right near the Dirty devil river in Utah. apparently this is a classic canyon with super tight squeezes and chamber like rooms which offers 3 to 4 hours of no rope access shimmy climb downs.
Chambers Canyon. Robbers Roost, Utah
being a caver, I have seen my fair share of tight squeezes so I was not really getting excited about this one but it was right across from where I was when I was knocking out fallen angel, Lost Angel, and Angel cove, so I swam across the Dirty devil river and hiked up to the crack in the floor for chambers.
Chambers Canyon. Robbers Roost, Utah
Chambers was quite tight and required a lot of shimmeying with all different kinds of techniques that needed to be deployed so I rate this one at a 3BII with the restrictive squeeze slots. They would open up into small rooms with the sun just barely peaking through and some others barely any sun at all.
Chambers Canyon. Robbers Roost, Utah
I kept working my way through and eventually, I just popped out the sandstone wall like a bug and I was at the bottom of the canyon.   It was kind of weird actually but I can see why people like this one as it did has its unique esthetic but it wasn't my cup of whiskey. I think chambers is an acquired taste.
Chambers Canyon. Robbers Roost, Utah

You Might Also Like

0 comments

TRANSLATE

European Union laws require you to give European Union visitors information about cookies used and data collected on your blog. In many cases, these laws also require you to obtain consent.