FREEMAN PIT TRAINING DAY

February 03, 2014

Freeman Pit Bloomington Indiana
Sunday morning we woke up pretty late after sleeping in from the night before. We had some drinks and hung out till about 3 am. We grabbed some Chinese for lunch and headed on over to freeman pit to do some training drops. We make it over there and I head off into the woods to pursue a lead to find a small cave in the area near freeman pit called freeman cave. After ridge walking for a bit, I was able to find a sinkhole that had an entrance with icicles almost blocking entry into this cave. I was able to make my way inside and proceeded to follow the passage until I got to the end of the cave. I was able to find another side passage that was a tight squeeze but it appeared to keep going. I came back out and took note of where this cave was in relation to where freeman pit is located. Kevin, justin, and chris rigged three ropes so everyone had a chance to go up and down this pit multiple times. Phil came with Dorian and Devorah so they can get on rope and so Phil can practice for ncrc. I dropped the pit twice and took off as I wanted to get back to Chicago in good time. Thank you for rigging the rope and for getting everything set up like that. I appreciate it. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

TRANSLATE

European Union laws require you to give European Union visitors information about cookies used and data collected on your blog. In many cases, these laws also require you to obtain consent.