IRON WASH CANYON. SAN RAFAEL SWELL, UTAH

May 15, 2016

IRON WASH CANYON. SAN RAFAEL SWELL, UTAH
 I headed over to the trailhead of Iron Wash Canyon which is located off of route 24 with a few miles of high clearance road separating this canyon from the main road to civilization. I knew it was going to be quite a hike so I packed in some extra water and snakes to make it through the long hike in the desert to the canyon.
IRON WASH CANYON. SAN RAFAEL SWELL, UTAH
 The waypoints took me up the swell a but until I was at the mouth of a smaller canyon head that increased in size as I got deeper down into the canyon. The hike to get to the mouth was quite long but once I was able to make it to the canyon, the air cooled and the water I had to ford cooled my body even further.
IRON WASH CANYON. SAN RAFAEL SWELL, UTAH
 There were some small drops encountered and a few obstacles including a keeper that I just went around as I did not want to fuss with being kept in the desert. The canyon itself went by pretty quick and in no time I was at the bottom heading back to my car. I wouldn't say this was my favorite canyon or that I recommend this one as a destination canyon but for the small amount of time I was actually in the canyon, it wasn't terrible.
IRON WASH CANYON. SAN RAFAEL SWELL, UTAH

You Might Also Like

0 comments

TRANSLATE

European Union laws require you to give European Union visitors information about cookies used and data collected on your blog. In many cases, these laws also require you to obtain consent.