CAMELTOE CANYON

February 22, 2016

Cameltoe Canyon. Moab, Utah
After U-Turn canyon I headed over to Wall Street and drove up to the corona arch trailhead to visit Cameltoe canyon.  I did not have much beta on this route other than a few way points on a GPS and some previous understanding that there are just a few drops and some hiking involved.
Cameltoe Canyon. Moab, Utah
I hiked past the petroglyphs but unfortunately they have been destroyed by graffiti which was really unfortunate to see. The large rock just past the train track is on BLM land but it appears that it did not help hide this ancient Indian artifact.
Cameltoe Canyon. Moab, Utah
Continuing on past this rock art was a large canyon that had some nice tarnished walls in the distance but the canyon below had some distance to cover as I meandered around the bend and ended up getting a bit disoriented and my vague waypoint took me to sections of canyon that required me to climb over ridges a few times and I ended up wasting time crawling around the desert for a bit until I found the entry point into camel toe canyon. The canyon itself appeared to be a bit un interesting in my opinion and the walls were not what I thought it would be.
Cameltoe Canyon. Moab, Utah
Eventually, I made it to the cameltoe which consists of a 15-20ft slot canyon in length to a pool of water that goes to a 50-60 foot waterfall. This was the only mildy interesting section of the canyon.  There was another dry fall that can be a walk around or the choice to rap can also happen.
Cameltoe Canyon. Moab, Utah
Every canyon has it own interesting aspects but I did not connect with this one and the most interesting thing about this canyon IMO, is its name. I can see how this canyon will be interesting to people that will like to go for a hike in the desert and rap down a trickling fall or have not been in a canyon before. 
Cameltoe Canyon. Moab, Utah
I would give this canyon a 3AII with mild effort and low reward but others might find this hike in the desert the preferred canyon.
Cameltoe Canyon. Moab, Utah

You Might Also Like

0 comments

TRANSLATE

European Union laws require you to give European Union visitors information about cookies used and data collected on your blog. In many cases, these laws also require you to obtain consent.