GANDY WARM SPRING, UTAH

July 14, 2018

Gandy Warm Spring is a beautiful oasis of vegetation, flowers, 80 degree crystal clear water, and a fun cave to visit. All Photos by: Rachael Marie

After this survey, Gandy Warm Spring is the longest submerged warm spring cave in Utah with a total surveyed length of 99 meters. Entering the cave you find small passage with a duck under that takes you into a decorated room that you can almost stand up in.

The room can fit up to 5-6 people.  This is where the reactional part of the cave ends and it is worth visiting to see just this part if you are in the area. 



This is where the exploration began for a dive to continue into the cave to survey and explore what is beyond the recreational part.   A Japanese film crew joined me in the documentation of this dive and  friends also accompanied me to enjoy this cave. 


There is obvious flow and passage to follow but the cave gets really tight and you will be crawling while pushing tanks forward in a no mount configuration for the duration of the cave. 


I encountered two more bell rooms beyond the reactional section, one of which I was just about able to stand up in. 

I turned on the 1/4th instead of my thirds to bake in more margin since I was solo no mount cave diving.  Thankfully I did because I got stuck in a section and had to move my body to get out of the restriction. had to pass through a passage that had a v slot in a corner. The current pushed me into this corner and I was wedged.  I had to back up and take off my helmet to wiggle my way backwards and I was able to free myself. 

Beyond the reactional section is a place that some cave divers might feel comfortable with but it is very tight and can turn deadly for the untrained. 

Enjoying the first 50 feet of the cave is the best part of the cave and it is a blast to see that section. 



 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

TRANSLATE

European Union laws require you to give European Union visitors information about cookies used and data collected on your blog. In many cases, these laws also require you to obtain consent.