CENOTE AZUL, BACALAR MEXICO

November 20, 2021


cenote azul is near the southern border of mexico and belize.  This is a sinkhole with a max depth of around 200 feet. 


There is not much information on this sinkhole other than that it is a swimming hole for locals.  I was able to free dive down to 60 feet of depth and as I followed the wall, I could see some formation as I went down. There is no map of the sinkshole and I did not see any rivers leaving the sinkhole so the water might be static.  I am curious to look into if artifacts would be at the bottom. 


 Here is a video of divers travelling around at the bottom of this sinkhole. Diving at cenote Azul in Bacalar - YouTube

You Might Also Like

0 comments

TRANSLATE

European Union laws require you to give European Union visitors information about cookies used and data collected on your blog. In many cases, these laws also require you to obtain consent.