HANCE CREEK. GRAND CANYON NATIONAL PARK

April 23, 2011

Hance Creek. Grand Canyon National Park, Arizona
Hance creek is a non-technical canyon located VIA the south rim within the Grand Canyon National Park in Arizona.

Hance Creek. Grand Canyon National Park, Arizona
I went on a solo day hike and it was a real killer for me as I am from the midwest and have not prepared for this kind of hike. I just got back from zion and wanted to check out a trip down the grand canyon before heading up north.
At the colorado river in Hance Creek. Grand Canyon National Park, Arizona
The trail descends around 5000ft into the grand canyon and passes along an array of rock layers which I found to be quite interesting and nothing that I have ever seen before.
Hance Creek. Grand Canyon National Park, Arizona
I work my way down the rim onto a trail that had some incredible views and continued down to a plateau.
Hance Creek. Grand Canyon National Park, Arizona
I work my way through some fields and got into some narrow corridors where the rock changes into some interested red and dark gray veined smooth rock.

Hance Creek. Grand Canyon National Park, Arizona
The narrow corridors give way to a couple dry falls that you have to back tack a bit to get around.  I found this place to be absolutely amazing as it almost looked like volcanic rock.

Hance Creek. Grand Canyon National Park, Arizona
eventually I made it to the cold and world famous Colorado river!! woohoo.  it felt a lot warmer down here and than it realized that I have a long way to go and started my track back up to the rim.
Hance Creek. Grand Canyon National Park, Arizona
This trip took over 12 hours to complete for me and I was exhausted but it was well worth the hike and I am so glad I got a chance to do this.
Hance Creek. Grand Canyon National Park, Arizona
I cant wait to come back to the grand canyon so I can view and visit some more of this spectacular region.
Hance Creek. Grand Canyon National Park, Arizona

You Might Also Like

0 comments

TRANSLATE

European Union laws require you to give European Union visitors information about cookies used and data collected on your blog. In many cases, these laws also require you to obtain consent.