CHAMPION SPRING RESURGENCE-DIVE

December 02, 2015

Champion Spring Resurgence, Alabama
After Orcestwell Spring, we made it over to Champion Spring which was quite the drive but worth the drive as we got to a beautiful resurgence and a surprisingly beautiful dive site.
Champion Spring, Resurgence
We walk to the entrance and it is a breakdown pile with another breakdown pile in the cave that water resurges from.  The entry point into the cave was a bit low but it was very manageable once I was able to squeeze through and start the dive.
Entrance to Champion Spring, Alabama
Josh Helped me bring the diving gear up to the waterline and I got into the water and proceeded to lay line in going underwater passage. he viz was around 15ft or more which was fantastic for Alabama!  I could see the walls as they were flutted and chert mods stuck out of the wall.  There were some blind crawfish that I would pass from time to time as I went deeper into the cave.
 Champion Spring, Alabama
I found another line has already been layed so I tied off to that and proceeded to follow that until it ended which I tied off another reel and continued my push for around 500-600ft and turned for gas management procedures. The passage kept going with no end in site and I wonder if anyone has ever pushed this passage beyond where I found the line to stop.  I would love to return to this cave with larger tanks to continue the pursuit and see where all of this water is coming from.
Adam Haydock after a Dive in Champion Spring, Alabama
FLICKR: https://www.flickr.com/photos/exploration-worldwide/albums/72157659569578554

You Might Also Like

0 comments

TRANSLATE

European Union laws require you to give European Union visitors information about cookies used and data collected on your blog. In many cases, these laws also require you to obtain consent.