MARTIN SPRING THANKSGIVING DIVE

December 04, 2015

Martin Spring Resurgence, Tennessee
 After the day before I was quite tired and looking forward to a day of diving orcestwell spring and Maritn Spring. After Orcestwell Spring I made it over to Martin Spring for a dive into the cave resurgence of Martin Spring High Hole.
Martin Spring Resurgence, Tennessee
 The viz was great and at around 15-20ft of it I was really happy to be finally making a dive in here. I kit up and follow the canyon passage that soon ended with a large beaver starring at me wondering what the heck I am doing here. He moved a bit closer to me and I noticed he had a nest in the back so I backed up and went back underwater and found the entrance to the cave.
Martin Spring Resurgence, Tennessee
 It is on the lower right facing into the cave and I went down about 15ft. where I tied off my primary reel and started the dive. There were a three different lines going in different directions so I made sure I set line arrows to prove my path on the way out for myself. The cave continued on and eventually I came up to air passage that was quite fascinating, I made it over to the breakdown sump and had to turn my dive due to not having enough gas to pursue an attempt to push into the High hole. I left the cave without incident. I highly recommend this dive for any certified cave diver as you get a chance to see air passage and a great tag cave dive experience.
Martin Spring Resurgence, Tennessee

You Might Also Like

0 comments

TRANSLATE

European Union laws require you to give European Union visitors information about cookies used and data collected on your blog. In many cases, these laws also require you to obtain consent.